Suricata 1.3.5 Available!
Because of the fixes below, upgrading is highly recommended.
- Flow engine memory leak fixed by Ludovico Cavedon (#651)
- Unified2 would overwrite files if file rotation happened within a second of file creation, leading to loss of events/alerts (#664)
- Flow manager mutex used unintialized, fixed by Ludovico Cavedon (#654)
- Windows building in CYGWIN fixed (#630)
- Ludovico Cavedon — Lastline
Known issues & missing features
There is talk about a possible IPv6 evasion, but since no details are available this isn’t addressed yet. Due to the nature of the fixes above, we decided to release anyway. Once we get details on the evasion, we’ll push out another update.
If you encounter issues, please let us know! As always, we are doing our best to make you aware of continuing development and items within the engine that are not yet complete or optimal. With this in mind, please notice the list we have included of known items we are working on.
See http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues for an up to date list and to report new issues. See http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues for a discussion and time line for the major issues.
Suricata is a high performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.