Suricata 4.0.7 available!
We’re pleased to announce Suricata 4.0.7.
Get the release here: https://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-4.0.7.tar.gz
The Suricata 4.0.x branch will go end of life in 2 months, after which it will no longer be updated. If you are still on 4.0.x, it’s recommended that you start planning the upgrade to 4.1.x.
- Bug #2714: Failed Assertion, Suricata Abort – util-mpm-hs.c line 163
- Bug #2735: unix runmode deadlock when using too many threads (4.0.x)
- Bug #2794: Python 3 unicode issue in Rust C header generator on FreeBSD
- Bug #2824: rule reload with workers mode and NFQUEUE not working stable (4.0.x)
- Bug #2825: TCP FIN/ACK, RST/ACK in HTTP – detection bypass (4.0.x)
- Bug #2826: afpacket doesn’t wait for all capture threads to start (4.0.x)
- Bug #2827: DNS Golden Transaction ID – detection bypass (4.0.x)
- Bug #2828: Invalid detect-engine config could lead to segfault (4.0.x)
- Bug #2830: suricata.c ConfigGetCaptureValue – PCAP/AFP fallthrough to strip_trailing_plus (4.0.x)
- Bug #2831: Stats interval are 1 second too early each tick (4.0.x)
- Bug #2832: rust/dns/lua – The Lua calls for DNS values when using Rust don’t behave the same as the C implementation. (4.0.x)
- Bug #2863: out of bounds read in detection
- Feature #2829: smtp: improve pipelining support (4.0.x)
Philippe Antoine, Alexander Gozman, Fabrice Fontaine, Murat Balaban
The 2019 Training Calendar has been posted. There are still seats available for next weeks Advanced Deployment and Threat Hunting training in Washington, D.C. See https://suricata-ids.org/training/
Suricon 2018 was a great success and the 2019 location and dates have been announced: October 30 – November 1, 2019 in Amsterdam. Please consider becoming a sponsor! https://suricon.net/
Suricata is a high performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS and Network Security Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is developed by OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.