Get trained by the people that develop Suricata! In 2014, we started with a brand new training curriculum. Learn how to install, upgrade and operate Suricata in this very hands-on training session. Learn IDS and rule/signature basics, performance analysis & tuning, and basic debugging.
The curriculum has been updated to cover Suricata 3.2.
- Install and Use Suricata
- Learn the basics of Suricata Rules
- Work to tune Suricata for your environment(s)
- Discover intrusions and other unwanted activity
- Introduce key next steps in using Suricata effectively
Public Training Events
- Developer Training:
- 5 day training by Victor Julien & the core dev team
- Learn to develop, extend and debug Suricata: packet decoders, protocol parsers, protocol logging modules, lua extension, detection modules, introduction to the upcoming Rust integration & more
- September 11 to 15 in Cork, Ireland, hosted by FireEye
- See: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/5-day-suricata-developer-training-ireland-tickets-33676049972
- SuriCon 2017 2 day user training in Prague November 13 and 14 2017
If your company in interested in hosting a public training session, please contact us!
Dedicated Training Events
In addition to the public events, it’s also possible to do on-site training. Please contact us if you’re interested in an on-site training.
To participate, make sure you bring a laptop:
- Able to connect to our private wifi setup
- With a SSH client installed
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will happen to the revenue of these training events?
- After subtracting the cost for the events themselves, all proceeds will go to Suricata development.
- What is the difference between the 1 and 2-day events?
- In the 2-day event, we will go much more in-depth, especially about high-performance tuning and rule writing.
This page will be updated with new training events.